Am I eligible for a loan?
To be eligible for a loan from Zomia, the following requirements must be met:
- You are a citizen of Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Bhutan, or Nepal;
- You have been accepted or are enrolled in an advanced degree (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral) program in an ASEAN member nation, India, or Hong Kong (exceptions made for graduates of the Pre-Collegiate Program in Yangon);
- You have a passport (if studying abroad) or government-issued id (if studying in your home country);
- You have faced barriers to higher education access (financial or otherwise);
- The amount you need to borrow for one year is more than US $500 and less than $6,000;
- Total anticipated debt to finish your program is less than $16,000 (e.g., a 1st-year undergraduate in a 4-year program is eligible for funding up to $4,000 annually); and
- The requested funding will be used to cover current or future educational expenses (including living expenses while enrolled full-time).